October 7th, 2023
50K - 7am
25K - 9:30am
10K - 11:30am
The UpRiver Running Fall Races hold a special place in our heart. This community event celebrates our love for the sport and unites participants from all walks of life with varying goals and experiences. The 10Km, 25Km, and 50Km distances offer something for everyone. Most of the course takes place on single track through some of our favourite trails in Thunder Bay. The 10Km runners complete a loop, while the 25Km runners complete a 12.5Km out to Cascades Conservation Area and back. The 50Km runners will complete that course twice and see other runners on the course along the way.
All races will begin at the cabins in Centennial Park on Saturday, October 7th, 2023. Participants will receive a finisher medal and the top 3 male and female from each distance will receive an award. This page will provide all details for the event. Registration is on Ultrasignup.
THIS IS A CUPLESS RACE.
Please bring your own bottle/hydration vest, or consider picking up a reusable BPA free UpRiver Speed Cup.
The 10K event will be a single loop course that heads from the cabins into Shuniah Mines and back. The current route can be seen by clicking on the 10K course link below. The written course descriptions can be found here.
The Race Course for 2023 is subject to change. Participants will be notified as early as possible.
If no changes will be made, the course can be viewed with the link above. The 25K event will be run on and out and back course that heads from the cabins into Shuniah Mines, tours Shuniah Mines, crosses back into centennial and ultimately to the aid station that will be located in the Cascade Conservation area parking lot. Runners will receive aid if needed and head on back.
The 50K event will be two out and backs of the 25K course. We wanted to make this race as much fun single track as possible. The course we have set is 80% fun single track. We also like the idea of seeing the leaders and also the camaraderie of an out and back style where you get the opportunity to encourage the other runners.
- Free Shuttle to and from the race (Current River Community Centre: 450 Dewe Ave, Thunder Bay)
- Race Entries are non-refundable
- Optional T-shirt available for $30 extra under ultrasignup "STORE" tab (order by September 22nd (extended)
- This will be a cupless event, please bring a reusable cup/water bottle/hydration bladder
- Optional Hot Post Race Meal (vegan friendly) for $8 available under ultrasignup "STORE" tab
- Water station will be available on course between aid stations
- The 50K event will have a 9hr cutoff with a 4.5 hr cutoff at the 1/2 way point (25km mark) and a 6hr45min cutoff at the 3/4 of the way mark (last aid station at Cascades)
- Race bibs are transferable until the registration deadline (Saturday, September 22nd,11:59pm)
- 17 and under participants can register in any distance for $40.
- Early bird pricing until August 27th
- Capacity for each race: 50Km = 75 participants; 25Km = 150 participants; 10Km = 300 participants
Optional Shirts must be purchased by September 22nd (extended).