Sun, Sep 13|
Nipigon Recreation Trail
A 20km out and back run along the shoreline of Nipigon River on a trail that connects Nipigon and Red Rock marinas. Estimated duration references: Beginner: 3hours-3.5hours Intermediate: 2.5hours - 3hours Advanced: 2.5hours-3hours
Time & Location
Sep 13, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Nipigon Marina, 25 2nd St, Nipigon, ON P0T 2J0, Canada
About the event
The second run will take place on the Nipigon Recreation Trail, starting at the Nipigon Marina. Participants may organize a car-drop off ahead of time, should they wish to run one way only (Nipigon to Red Rock).
Prior to each run, participants will join UpRiver Running for a live virtual info session (more details will be available upon registration).
We will share knowledge on an assortment of trail running topics like:
- Safe backcountry travel (trip planning, gear list, what to bring, animal encounters)
- What should be in your pack?
- Trail Running skills / techniques (climbing, descending, navigating technical terrain)
- Hydration and Fueling
- Dressing for comfort and safety out on the trails
- Pacing Strategy (Run, walk, power hiking)
- Route Planning (how, where, timing, difficulty, weather, navigation)
- Dealing with adverse conditions (injuries on trail, getting lost, weather changes, risk assessment, mental lows)
- Running with awareness (noticing your surroundings, being present, enjoying the experience)
Nipigon Recreation Trail$20.00
Group Run Leader (RESERVED)
RESERVED FOR GROUP LEADERS (Only for those who have been contacted by UpRiver directly)$0.00