Sun, Sep 20|
South Neebing Community Centre - start
A run through the beautiful Nor'Wester Mountains. Different route options available, ranging from approximately 12-15km. (distances subject to change). This run will include technical sections with some challenging hills. Every runner will have someone to run with at all times. (2-3 hours)
Time & Location
Sep 20, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
South Neebing Community Centre - start, 1841 Mountain Rd, Thunder Bay, ON P7J 1A8, Canada
About the event
The third run will take place on some technical trails with some rewarding views out in the Nor'Wester Mountains. (more details will be communicated prior to the event)
Prior to each run, participants will join UpRiver Running for a live virtual info session (more details will be available upon registration).
We will share knowledge on an assortment of trail running topics like:
- Safe backcountry travel (trip planning, gear list, what to bring, animal encounters)
- What should be in your pack?
- Trail Running skills / techniques (climbing, descending, navigating technical terrain)
- Hydration and Fueling
- Dressing for comfort and safety out on the trails
- Pacing Strategy (Run, walk, power hiking)
- Route Planning (how, where, timing, difficulty, weather, navigation)
- Dealing with adverse conditions (injuries on trail, getting lost, weather changes, risk assessment, mental lows)
- Running with awareness (noticing your surroundings, being present, enjoying the experience)
1 Entry for Nor'Wester Mountains run - September 19th$20.00
Group Run Leader (RESERVED)
RESERVED FOR GROUP LEADERS (Only for those who have been contacted by UpRiver directly)$0.00