Sun, Sept 06|
Sleeping Giant Provincial Park
A 22Km run to the top of the Sleeping Giant to enjoy the best view of Thunder Bay. Groups will be formed according to ability on morning of. Estimated duration references: Beginner: 4-5 hours Intermediate: 3.5-4.5 hours Experienced: 3-4hours
Time & Location
Sept 06, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, R R 1, Pass Lake, ON P0T 2M0, Canada
About the event
The first run will take place at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. We will meet at the main parking lot of the Kabeyun South Trail Head (48.340101, -88.822201)
Prior to each run, participants will join UpRiver Running for a live virtual info session (Zoom Meeting on Tuesday, September 1st at 8pm. Registered participants will receive a link in their confirmation email and will have the option to receive a recorded link after the meeting has taken place).
We will share knowledge on an assortment of trail running topics like:
- Safe backcountry travel (trip planning, gear list, what to bring, animal encounters)
- What should be in your pack?
- Trail Running skills / techniques (climbing, descending, navigating technical terrain)
- Hydration and Fueling
- Dressing for comfort and safety out on the trails
- Pacing Strategy (Run, walk, power hiking) Route Planning (how, where, timing, difficulty, weather, navigation)
- Dealing with adverse conditions (injuries on trail, getting lost, weather changes, risk assessment, mental lows)
- Running with awareness (noticing your surroundings, being present, enjoying the experience)
Run Camp - Sleeping Giant
1 Entry for Sleeping Giant run - Sunday, September 6th
Group Run Leader (RESERVED)
RESERVED FOR GROUP LEADERS (Only for those who have been contacted by UpRiver directly)