Time & Location
About the Event
The first run will take place at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. We will meet at the main parking lot of the Kabeyun South Trail Head (48.340101, -88.822201)
Prior to each run, participants will join UpRiver Running for a live virtual info session (Zoom Meeting on Tuesday, September 1st at 8pm. Registered participants will receive a link in their confirmation email and will have the option to receive a recorded link after the meeting has taken place).
We will share knowledge on an assortment of trail running topics like:
- Safe backcountry travel (trip planning, gear list, what to bring, animal encounters)
- What should be in your pack?
- Trail Running skills / techniques (climbing, descending, navigating technical terrain)
- Hydration and Fueling
- Dressing for comfort and safety out on the trails
- Pacing Strategy (Run, walk, power hiking) Route Planning (how, where, timing, difficulty, weather, navigation)
- Dealing with adverse conditions (injuries on trail, getting lost, weather changes, risk assessment, mental lows)
- Running with awareness (noticing your surroundings, being present, enjoying the experience)
- Run Camp - Sleeping Giant$20$200$0
- Group Run Leader (RESERVED)$0$00$0