Sat, Oct 03|
A run through the network of trails in Trowbridge Forest leading us through Centennial Park, Shuniah Mines and Cascades Conservation Area. There will be distance options ranging from 13-25 Km. (Distances may change slightly). Zoom meeting for all participants will be on Wed, Sept. 30th at 8pm
Time & Location
Oct 03, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Centennial Park, 751 Centennial Park Rd, Thunder Bay, ON P7A 7K9, Canada
About the event
The fifth and final run will start Centennial Park. This is where it all began for Upriver, this run is a coming home. Enjoy the winding trail by the river and get into some fun technical single track. We will meet outside the main Chalet and break out into groups from there.
Prior to each run, participants will join UpRiver Running for a live virtual info session (more details will be available upon registration).
We will share knowledge on an assortment of trail running topics like:
- Safe backcountry travel (trip planning, gear list, what to bring, animal encounters)
- What should be in your pack?
- Trail Running skills / techniques (climbing, descending, navigating technical terrain)
- Hydration and Fueling
- Dressing for comfort and safety out on the trails
- Pacing Strategy (Run, walk, power hiking)
- Route Planning (how, where, timing, difficulty, weather, navigation)
- Dealing with adverse conditions (injuries on trail, getting lost, weather changes, risk assessment, mental lows)
- Running with awareness (noticing your surroundings, being present, enjoying the experience)
Run Camp - Trowbridge Forest
1 Entry for Trowbridge Forest Run - October 3rd, 2020
Group Run Leader (RESERVED)
RESERVED FOR GROUP LEADERS (Only for those who have been contacted by UpRiver directly)